It’s summertime, and you’re expecting guests -- and thunderstorms. Uh oh. There go your outdoor entertaining plans. Your party’s moving inside.
Wish you could bring the outdoors inside, too? PartyLite says: why not?
A few easy ideas:
• Brighten up your living room and dining room. It’s amazing what a couple of bright, summer-y throw pillows can do for a dark sofa.
• Change out some art on your walls. Hang up a landscape picture, or a large vacation photograph, or even a great travel poster. They’re easy to find at yard sales and thrift shops.
• Search outside for some tall, bare tree branches -- 4’-6’ tall if possible-- that didn’t make it through the winter. Go for ones with little branches on them; it’s the silhouette you’re after. Set them on the floor in one corner (in any container you have) and light them from behind, with a small plug-in can light aimed up at the ceiling. Voila! You have a dramatic, Japanese garden-like sculpture.
• If your coffee table or your dining table seems too “dark and winter-y,” try putting a bright, cheerful table runner right down the middle. For your dining table, add colorful summer mats and napkins at each place.
• Finish your table setting with an arrangement of candles and flowers or fruit that just say summer. PartyLite’s Clearly Creative candle holders make it so easy. You can use jar candles or pillars in any size, votives and tealights, too, and fill those stunning glass containers with blossoms or luscious fruits – oranges, tangerines, strawberries, blueberries -- to summer up your table in great style.
Finally, select your scented candles from more than 40 PartyLite fabulous fragrances. Floral? Fruits and citrus? Whatever you choose, you’ll infuse the room with a beautiful fragrance that makes your indoor dinner feel like an outdoor garden party – even if there’s a rainstorm outside.